Want to work for Worthy FM at Glastonbury 2017?
We’re on the lookout for some new presenters for 2017, to broadcast live from Glastonbury Festival 2017 on Worthy FM. If you are interested simply send us a link to 30 seconds of audio of yourself. This could be a short showreel, or just you giving a demonstration of what listening to you on our breakfast show would sound like. The rules are simple:
– Send only a link to some audio uploaded online. Do not send MP3 files, documents, photos, or anything unrelated.
– You are welcome to link us to any broadcasts you have done, but it would be better if you were able to put the best bits together into 30 seconds of listening or produce something new.
– Volunteering at Worthy FM means volunteering every day from the Sunday before the festival opens to the Tuesday after it closes. You don’t have a set number of hours or shifts per day, you volunteer for the whole time. If you can’t meet this commitment, please don’t apply.
– Send your link to
– The competition closes for entries at 09:00 on Monday 22nd January.
– Due to the number of applications we will only be able to reply to the successful 3 applicants so if you haven’t heard by 1st February it means that you haven’t been successful this year.
The successful applicants will be selected by a current volunteer of Worthy FM, a commercial radio presenter, a BBC radio producer independent of Worthy FM and the Worthy FM station manager.
Worthy FM is now off air
“Worthy FM has been the on-site radio station for the Glastonbury Festival since 2007. The presenters and producers are all volunteers and many of them, as a result of their experiences here at the festival, have gone on to proper jobs in the industry.
Tuning in to Worthy FM at the festival will provide you with all the information and entertainment you need when you’re not at one of the performances, and if you’re lucky you might even get to hear me giving one of my famous weather forecasts.
So don’t forget to bring your transistors!”